You are invited to submit abstracts to Plant Canada 2024.
Submission deadline for oral presentation is May 17, 2024.
Submission deadline for poster presentation is May 17, 2024.
Participants can choose to submit an abstract for opal presentation consideration or for poster presentation. All abstracts will be reviewed by the Organizing Committee to ensure the abstracts are relevant to the meeting theme. Authors of abstracts selected for oral presentation will be contacted in June. All abstracts will be included in the final program which will also be available online after the conference. Abstracts are limited to 400 words within the ‘abstract text section’. If you have more than one abstract, each one will need to be submitted separately.
Poster presenters must be registered, fully-paid conference attendees. There is a fee of $30 for each abstract. Abstracts will not be accepted without full payment.
Physical poster specifications:
Posters must measure a maximum of 91 cm wide x 121 cm high (36 inches x 48 inches). Each will be mounted vertically and occupy one-third of one side of a freestanding poster display board. The poster board will accommodate pushpins and will be Velcro-receptive. Presenters will be provided with Velcro or pushpins for hanging their posters.
Poster content should include:
1. Title, author(s) names(s) and their affiliation(s). Letters should be not less than 2.5 cm high and preferable 5cm high.
2. Introduction, materials and methods, results, and discussion. Presenters should select a font and letter size to allow viewers to read the poster from a distance of 1.2 meters or more. (Note: a mat finish on the posters provides better visibility as it reduces glare).
3. Consider less rather than more words within your poster, and refrain from using very small font for your poster.
4. Posters will be on display during the confernce and should carry your message without requiring any additional comment.
5. Material presented must be based on the abstract previously submitted and should be novel, not previously published material.
EXAMPLE – please read carefully and follow this format for acceptance of your abstract
THIS IS THE TITLE OF MY PRESENTATION
John Smith1, Jane Doe2 and Eve Adam1
1Ottawa Research and Development Centre, Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada, 960 Carling Avenue, Ottawa, ON, Canada, K1A 0C6
2Crop Development Centre, University of Saskatchewan, College of Agriculture and Bioresources, 51 Campus Drive, Saskatoon, SK, Canada, S7N 5A8
Correspondence to: email@example.com
This is the template format for the Plant Canada 2024 abstract submission. This is where you enter the body of your abstract which should not exceed 400 words. You should use Arial 10 point font throughout. The title should be capitalized and bold. The presenting authors should be underlined. Single line spacing should be used.